Title: ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Clearance: NO CLEARANCE REQUIRED. TS PREFERRED
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of satellite, launch, and cyber technologies. We develop space-based solutions that protect our nation, enhance the lives of our citizens, and directly support the warfighter. Cornerstone supports a full range of missions from navigation and communication to remote sensing. We are a leader in spacecraft development, deployment, and mission support. In an environment of limited resources, Cornerstone provides our customers with agile and innovative solutions that achieve the highest level mission performance.
CORNERSTONE DEFENSE is currently seeking Associate Software Engineers who want to be a part of developing the next generation of innovative networking technologies for mobile ad-hoc wireless communications systems. The ideal candidate will have outstanding technical talent, is passionate about his or her work, and is entrepreneurial. A person that has good ideas and acts on them. He or she is excited by learning about and applying new technologies and communicates so that the excitement is contagious, and has a sense of ownership about his or her work.
· A bachelor's degree in CS/EE or a degree in a closely related field and 2+ years of software engineering experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
· Must have a knowledge and understanding with C/C++ and understanding of modern object oriented design and architecture
· Knowledge and experience of embedded real-time software development (VxWorks/Linux)
· Computing Architecture and Operating Systems
· Good Communication Skills and work well in a team environment
· Networking technologies in routing, switching, quality of service, the OSI model, Quagga, and emerging MANET technologies
· Knowledge of protocols such as RIP, OSPF, IP, Ethernet, and wireless communications
· Open source networking technologies (network stack, open flow, etc)
· Open source Linux development
· Low-level drivers and hardware interfaces such as PCIe
· Software defined systems, especially software-defined radios (e.g. GNU Radio)
· DevOps technologies such as virtualization, Docker, scripting, git, testing and automation
· Agile development methodology and Atlassian tools
· Machine learning, data analysis, and advanced algorithm design and development
· A very strong depth of knowledge in programming languages, compilers, and application execution
· Scalable high performance data management technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, MongoDB)
· Experience with Network Modeling and Simulation Tools both discrete event and real-time (QualNet, OPNet, Emane, NS3)
· Scripting Languages such as Python, Bash, Perl
· Networking Certifications from Cisco and/or Juniper
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornerstone Defense is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for all employees and to upholding diversity in our recruiting and hiring processes. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.