Title: Automated Test Engineer
Location: Alexandria, VA/Remote Local
Clearance: Top Secret preferred, No clearance required
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
We are looking for a skilled software engineer with a focus on Automated Testing to join our development team to create cutting-edge tools for forensics and biometrics, including a state-of-the-art DNA matching and tracking system. The ideal candidate has advanced software design and engineering knowledge, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting.
• Design and develop software components using the React framework
• Conduct automating testing using a framework like Cypress
• Develop test strategies and test plans
• Capture and monitor test-related metrics and using them to help the team improve software quality over time
• Strong ability to write UI code in the React framework
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in software development
• Strong experience in conducting automated tested. (We plan to use Cypress for automated testing, but experience in Selenium or other automated frameworks is acceptable if well experienced)
• Strong leadership experience
• Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.
• Experience with relational databases
• Ability to debug code and solve complex problems related to efficiency and performance of our software with appropriate production monitoring
• Ability to obtain and hold a security clearance