Title: Junior Java Developer/Software Engineer
Location: Chantilly, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
In this role you will participate as an Agile Scrum team member to provide software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within
• Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
• Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
• Providing improvements to the product(s) being supported
• Actively participate in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
• Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
• Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
• Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
• Providing mentoring to junior members of the team.