TITLE: SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
LOCATION: SALT LAKE CITY, UT
CLEARANCE : NO CLEARANCE REQUIRED. TS PREFERRED
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of satellite, launch, and cyber technologies. We develop space-based solutions that protect our nation, enhance the lives of our citizens, and directly support the warfighter. Cornerstone supports a full range of missions from navigation and communication to remote sensing. We are a leader in spacecraft development, deployment, and mission support. In an environment of limited resources, Cornerstone provides our customers with agile and innovative solutions that achieve the highest level mission performance.
CORNERSTONE DEFENSE is currently seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer with a background and experience in embedded real-time software development. This position requires an individual to support existing, new and next generation military communications applications. An engineer in this position is responsible for leading projects, developing and managing schedules, providing responses to bid and proposals, deriving software requirements, adding features to current designs and creating the design and developing applications implementing these requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to lead projects
· Demonstrated presentation abilities
· Demonstrated ability to manage complicated development schedules
· Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production
· Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
· Review code and design documents
· Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
· Integrate and validate new product designs
· Provide production support
· Interface with hardware design and development
· Assess third party and open source software license documentation
· 10+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with embedded software experience, or equivalency
· Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
· Must have solid presentation and writing skills
· Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
· Solid programming experience in C and C++.
· Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
· Additional programming languages a plus
· Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows and/or other signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-485, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocol a plus.
· An understanding of Common Datalink Waveforms a plus
· Adequate ability of reading schematics a plus
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered for our Embedded Software Engineers – C++.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornerstone Defense is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for all employees and to upholding diversity in our recruiting and hiring processes. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.