Title: Systems Engineer Full Performance
Location: Herndon, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
• System requirements capture, analysis, decomposition, and design.
• Analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware systems and applications.
• Requirements generation, and independent verification and validation tools
• Systems engineering tools (DOORS, JAMA, JIRA, etc.)
• Identification of technical trends in information technology, awareness on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements
• Applying project management model (e.g. Agile, Spiral, Waterfall) for a given development effort
• Model Based System Engineering principles
• Enterprise Architecture frameworks and principles
• Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) support
• Use of Digital Twin to enable virtual designs
• Ensuring developed systems comply with the enterprise technical architecture
• Assisting in keeping senior management apprised of project or program status
• Assisting project and program teams in preparing for program management reviews
* IT system automation to include artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)
• Experience with automated testing
• Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.)
• Knowledge of Security Development Operations (SecDevOps) on iterative development projects
• Cloud design, implementation, and configuration
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
• Knowledge of Agile development principles.
• Knowledge of modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Perl, etc.)