Title: Systems Engineer Tech Specialist – Senior
Location: Chantilly, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Responsibilities: The Systems Engineer should be able to plan, implement, test, and document enterprise-wide solutions for total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. This includes analyzing and identifying all or part of the customer's existing or new systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs, and establishing functional and technical specifications and standards, solving interface problems, defining input/output parameters, and ensuring integration of the entire system or subsystem. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for strategic level planning and roadmap development, working with all the teams in the area.
The candidate should:
• Perform traditional Systems Engineering at the enterprise/strategic level within the context of the political landscape, operational restrictions and changes, and interacting systems across the customer’s organization.
• Provide project management support with short turn-around projects; development of requirements, project plans, needs assessment, transition planning, and future looking roadmaps.
• Perform innovation research relevant to the project areas within the strategic roadmap.
• Be a self-starter with leadership capabilities and execution of roles and responsibilities with little to no supervision.
• Require minimal oversight to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Identify integration issues and coordinate Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) to resolve them.
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, as well as handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts.
• Have strong decision-making skills, as well as the ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Have demonstrated experience leading technical teams to develop/implement hardware/software requirements.
• Have demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support the customer’s needs, clearly communicate (orally & written) ideas, work autonomously, take the initiative to provide creative alternatives to intractable challenges or systemic problems.
• Have ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
• Have demonstrated strong customer and partner relationship building skills.
d. Required Qualifications
• TS/SCI w/ poly
• Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD
• Technical Degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, etc.)
• IC or DoD experience
e. Desired Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of RF/Satellite communication systems