Title: Systems Operations Specialist
Location: Herndon, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
As a Systems Operations Specialist supporting the customer, a typical day will include:
performing routine computer operations and maintenance (O&M) tasks, and/or work on operating system software, and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working knowledge of existing server technologies, Linux, UNIX or Windows operating systems, as required by individual position.
• Expert knowledge of MVS, UNIX, Linux and Windows technology.
• Expert knowledge of EIT and supported utility and security applications.
• Performs systems integration activities.
• Conducts Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies and Engineering Assessments.
• Working knowledge of multiple specialties such as operating systems, e-mail or database platforms, storage technologies, or hardware support.
• Demonstrated strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
• Operates at the level of integrating multiple systems, services, processes and interfaces across organizational boundaries.
• Ability to effectively function in a multi-system and/or multi-application environment.
• Knowledge of Contracting’s Officer’s Technical Representative concepts and principles.
• Working knowledge of Project Management concepts and principles.
• Knowledge of operating systems, organization’s operating environment, network requirements, and ability to anticipate impact on respective operating systems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in order to articulate complex technicals concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve routing technical problems by using various utility applications.
• Support continuous process improvements, configuration management efforts, design and development reviews, requirement definition and tracking activities, and general systems engineering consultations.
• Lead problem decomposition exercises to scope large-scale challenges into actionable steps.
• Demonstrate and share benefits of following systems engineering concepts.
• Deep dive into technical areas to represent program at demos and other stakeholder meetings.
• Support risk analysis discussions
• Serve as technical consultant and participant in testing activities.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or a technical discipline related to the specific skill, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Minimum of 11 years related experience.
• AWS Cloud
• Virtual Computing
• Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph