Title: Web Design Principal
Location: Springfield, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Overall Assignment Description:
The CIO-T/TF/TFI Integration Division, Design Branch requires a Web Design Principal Level 4. The contractor shall provide support for the CIO-T/TF/TFI Integration Design Branch by applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Computer Science, Programming; APIs or web service technologies (e.g., REST APIs, SOAP, and XML); and browser-based technologies and libraries (e.g. AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Handlebars, Bootstrap or similar design and HTML templating frameworks).
• Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
• Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
• Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
• Research and implement modern web design technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
• Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other web best practices.
• Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
• Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites or online productivity tools.
• Utilize the NGA DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
• Build efficient and reusable resource and guidance libraries for future design use.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
• Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA’s content management system (permissions, api, web parts).
• Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
• Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
• Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft SharePoint. Possess associated technical knowledge of admin and servers associated with SharePoint such as SQL Server administration, Windows Server Administration, active directory control, etc.
• Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to the design of applications and web sites.
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
• Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).