Business Intelligence / Data Reporting Analyst
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Business Intelligence / Data Reporting Analyst
Seeking a Business Intelligence / Data Reporting Analyst responsible for working closely with Customer Engagement
project teams to provide the customer with business analysis expertise, report creation and
dashboard design, in a tactical capacity, evaluating internal and external client requirements
and implementing effective solutions in a timely manner.
The selected candidate will gather, analyze, and document functional/reporting requirements
(i.e., user stories using interviews, documentation analysis, site visits, use cases, scenarios) and
design, assemble and deliver reports and dashboards for DSI’s AEON Business Process
Management platform in a manner consistent with client expectations.
• Must have an Active TS/SCI with polygraph ONLY, all others need not apply.
• Ability to consolidate, interpret and present data in reports/dashboards for Executive,
Team Leads and Individual End Users focused on Acquisition and Financial Information.
• Ability to produce reports and dashboard using Microsoft Power BI, SSRS and other data
• Ability to define and document customer business processes and report/dashboard
content needs including business process diagrams, data maps, and data modeling.
• Ability to
• Consult with project team members and customer stakeholders to identify, define, and
document business needs and objectives, current reporting capabilities, and challenges
related to the business functions such as those supporting the Federal Acquisition
• Collaborate with the DSI project manager, technical analysts, and customer end-users in
the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of the Business Intelligence
module of DSI's AEON Business Process Management Platform to ensure desired
operational performance and capabilities.
• Track and document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed
universally understood procedures for testing uses cases, knowledge capture and
• Achieve proficiency in all major DSI Reporting/Analytic products, including the AEON
software suite: through internal staffing training, self-guided tutorials, and daily
exposure to individual product feature sets.
Innovative Solutions to Support Complex Business Processes.
• Provide support for a variety of meetings, demonstrations, and program activities
related to Business Intelligence.
• Test reports/dashboard projects in accordance with business and functional design
following best practices for quality assurance.
• Record and track defects uncovered during test execution and assist in defect resolution
(troubleshooting and researching).
• Comprehension of change management processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years prior business analyst experience.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment for a matrixed organization.
• Strong knowledge and experience with data reporting tools including Microsoft
PowerBI, SSRS, Tableau, etc.
• Strong knowledge of productivity tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes and methodologies.
• Familiarity with Government Processes, including Federal Acquisition & Finance
• Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) practices, principles, and
techniques as they apply to Agile development process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to listen and
relate with the customer.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Proven ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong team player that is willing to help other team members at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
• Knowledge of SQL Databases and Query Creation
• Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Lifecycle or commercial contracting.
• Knowledge of Federal financial systems or commercial accounting.
• Ability to develop training materials and conduct end-user training sessions.
• Experience with Federal government contracting and/or program office organizations