Title: Data Scientist
Location: McLean, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Data Scientist will support numerous mission efforts, including business analytics, metrics collection, natural language processing, automation, and analysis. The Data Scientist will use enterprise tools to work with complex data sets to implement code and configurations to support the analytics. By using these implementations and methods, the Data Scientist will advance the assortment of efforts within its environment.
• Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
• Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in data science techniques
• Experience using Python natural language processing (NLP) packages to analyze/process collections of documents, reviewing the documentation, and implementing it
• Experience writing, maintaining, and customizing Python scripts that extract text from various formats
• Experience performing pre-processing actions for text data sets
• Experience with SQL in Oracle
• Experience with version control systems
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Note that education can be substituted for years of relevant experience
• Experience creating machine learning models using machine learning or deep learning frameworks
• Experience developing data visualizations
• Experience using AWS and its data science capabilities