Title: Database Administrator
Location: Herndon, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense is the Employer of Choice within the Intelligence, Defense, and Space communities of the U.S. Government. Realizing early on that our most prized assets are our employees, we continually focus our attention on improving the overall work/life experience they have supporting the mission. Our Team is pushed every day to use their industry leading knowledge to provide end-to-end solutions to combat our nation’s toughest and most secure problems. If you are looking for a place to not only be professionally challenged, but encouraged and supported by a company that cares, don’t look any further than Cornerstone Defense.
Description: Seeking a highly motivated, self-directed professional to fill the role of Database Administrator (DBA). The ideal candidate has in-depth Oracle DBA experience where the infrastructure is Amazon Web Services (AWS) Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) based. In this position, the DBA must oversee and operationally maintain the reliability and security of the databases used in two specific applications. The DBA must also be able to interact with the extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) components within the organization to ensure proper data flow, availability, integrity, and performance of the data to the end user analysts.
Maintaining data security, along with access credentials and policies, are of the utmost importance in this role. Therefore, it is critical for the person in this position to have expert knowledge and awareness of Information Technology (IT) and Cyber Security best practices.
This position is on a small but crucial team where they are the sole DBA who works with a single application developer to maintain the product in AWS C2S. Experience with Oracle 21c migrations in the cloud will be helpful in determining the candidate’s immediate success.
• Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering; or a combination of related work experience, technical training, and professional certifications.
• Significant experience administering database structures (Oracle PL/SQL, mySQL)
– Service Registries
– Database management best practices
– Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Proven experience working in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment to include the following skills
– Server installation and maintenance
An SAP NS2 Company
• Knowledge of public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
• Strong experience with certificates and Certificate Authorities
• Experience with a variety of information systems
• MongoDB familiarity
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.