Title: Database Developer
Location: McLean, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense is the Employer of Choice within the Intelligence, Defense, and Space communities of the U.S. Government. Realizing early on that our most prized assets are our employees, we continually focus our attention on improving the overall work/life experience they have supporting the mission. Our Team is pushed every day to use their industry leading knowledge to provide end-to-end solutions to combat our nation’s toughest and most secure problems. If you are looking for a place to not only be professionally challenged, but encouraged and supported by a company that cares, don’t look any further than Cornerstone Defense.
TARGET RATE: $170.00
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development and deployment, targeting and intelligence analysis, systems engineering and integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community (IC), is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives, while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division, is seeking a Database Developer that is part of an integrated team to create, update, and maintain a federated search and discovery software system to integrate data related to financial information from a variety of data providers within a cloud environment. The developer will utilize an Agile Scrum development methodology throughout this process.
• Developing a user friendly web application
• Developing new features and enhancements to web application to allow users to search and correlate financial information related to their mission
• Developing APIs and web services
• Working at all tiers of the architecture, to include Web UI, Business Logic, and Database layer
• Creating and maintaining AWS Cloud infrastructure
1. ETL developer with Elasticsearch/Apache Spark/Scala experience
2. Active TS/SCI with polygraph
3. TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
4. (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in the following:
5. Working within an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment and utilizing tools such as SMS, Data Pipeline, Relational Database (RDS), Cloudwatch, EC2, EBS, S3, KMS, or SMS
6. Developing in a DevOps environment and utilizing tools such as GitHub, Subversion, Jenkins, Maven, or Artifactory
7. Utilizing web stack technologies and software design
8. Working at all tiers of the architecture, to include Web UI, Business Logic, and Database layer, but mostly at the Database layer
9. Working with financial data sets and ETLing commercial datasets as needed
10. Utilizing ElasticSearch and other big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Spark and Scala
11. Developing software in a continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) paradigm
12. Programming with Java and associated frameworks like SpringBoot
13. Using tools such as Apache Tomcat, Hadoop, SOLR, JDBC, ANT, Active Directory, LDAP, Regex, SQL, or JSON
14. Using JIRA tracking system
15. Employing Agile development methodology
16. Employing the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
1. Demonstrated experience with security accreditation process.
2. Demonstrated experience supporting enterprise software development efforts.
3. Demonstrated experience integrating software with LDAP, PKI and must use services.
4. Demonstrated experience integrating with various applications using web services and APIs.