Title: DBA/SQL Administrator
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Work in an environment supporting multiple applications that rely upon Microsoft SQL Server as their backend database. Looking for a self-motivated individual that wants to learn new skills as well as contribute to the growth and maturity of the processes used to support and maintain databases by a small, talented, and hardworking database administration team. This team creates, maintains, and troubleshoots Microsoft SQL Server databases on multiple networks using multiple architectures. The environment consists of databases hosted both in on-premise datacenters and in cloud environments. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience creating, maintaining, patching and troubleshooting issues related to Microsoft SQL Server databases, knowledge of AWS Cloud technologies, works well in a small team setting, has a desire to automate processes where possible, and a willingness to think outside the box to find solutions.
• Windows Security Update Patching
• Security team task mitigation
• Daily Windows Log, SQL Server Log, and SQL Server Service Reviews
• Database Backup, Backup Verification, and Restore
• SQL Server Process Documentation
• Troubleshooting Reported Service Support Issues
• Intermediate level of understanding of MS SQL Server and the following MS SQL Server features and/or tasks
• SQL Server AlwaysOn
• SQL Server Database Backup and Restore
• SQL Server Failover Cluster
• SQL Server full text index management
• SQL Server Agent Job Creation and Management
• Junior/Intermediate level of understanding of MS Windows Server and the following Windows Server features and/or tasks
• Windows Failover Cluster
• Windows Cluster
• Windows Event Log Filtering
• Windows Task Scheduler Setup and Management
• Commvault backup solutions
DoD 8570 Compliance with IAT level 1 is required.