Title: Help Desk Specialist
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Three (3) years of Help Desk experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Technical or Math related field. Five (5) years with an Associate’s Degree or seven (7) years’ experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
Provides 365 days, 4 days a week, 10 hour a day shift (0600 – 2200) Help Desk support as defined by first response/Tier 1 and 2 support.
Work with a small team providing service availability monitoring and help desk support for internet-like collaboration services hosted on a government intranet for a large and diverse community of users
• Provide health and status monitoring, and taking appropriate measures when a service outage occurs. Utilize SOPs to perform basic troubleshooting steps to identify the problem, then restart service and/or servers to resolve the issue.
• Document and communicate outage information to co-workers and customers
• Provide tier 1 and 2 response to customer service requests received via phone, email, chat, and tickets.
• Document all communications in a ServiceNow ticket system, escalate tickets as needed
• Provide basic instructions on how to use services to both external and internal customers
• Troubleshoot customer accounts and users’ ability to logon to the collaboration environment
• Train and mentor junior members of the team
IMPORTANT: DoD 8570 Compliance with IAT level 1 is required.