Title: Information System Security Engineer
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Twenty (20) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to eighteen (18) years of experience. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required. Both CISSP and either ISSEP or ISSAP certifications are required.
The ISSE is responsible for conducting information system security engineering activities that capture and refine information security requirements and ensures their integration into information systems through purposeful design and configuration. Specific duties include:
• Leading a small team of ISSEs.
• Validating and verifying system security requirements, conducting security control assessments, and establishing system security designs for cloud-based and hybrid systems.
• Identifying and implementing appropriate information security architectures and configurations to ensure compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations.
• Recommending and developing technical solutions based on current and desired system security architecture.
• Proposing, assessing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
• Assessing and mitigating system security threats and risks throughout the system life cycle.
• Analyzing and assessing system implementation against multiple security compliance policies, identifying points of vulnerability and non-compliance, and recommending and implementing mitigation strategies.
• Evaluating the impact of new development on the operational security posture of the system and formulating security compliance requirements for new system features.
• Auditing and assessing system security configuration settings using common methodologies and tools.
• Leading and/or contributing to the security planning, assessment, and authorization activities for various systems and networks spanning multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
• Supporting risk assessment, risk management, continuous monitoring, incident response, and other IA program support functions.
• Working closely with system owners and developers to ensure that systems and services successfully implement appropriate security controls and meet security requirements for processing classified information.
• Serving as a subject matter expert in security architecture, to include providing advice and guidance to Program Managers and internal program teams.
• Knowledge of and experience with common security tools (such as Nessus and Splunk), communication protocols, and encryption techniques/tools.
• Knowledge of and experience with NIST and CNSS control documentation, the RMF, STIG compliance, and the DoD Assessment & Authorization process
• Knowledge of and experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of and experience with securing cloud-based systems
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification
• Scripting knowledge
• Understanding of regular expressions