Title: IT Program Manager
Location: McLean, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense is the Employer of Choice within the Intelligence, Defense, and Space communities of the U.S. Government. Realizing early on that our most prized assets are our employees, we continually focus our attention on improving the overall work/life experience they have supporting the mission. Our Team is pushed every day to use their industry leading knowledge to provide end-to-end solutions to combat our nation’s toughest and most secure problems. If you are looking for a place to not only be professionally challenged, but encouraged and supported by a company that cares, don’t look any further than Cornerstone Defense.
The Sponsor’s office delivers critical needs at a fast pace to all of their incumbents and partners. The Sponsor’s office provides IT support to multiple locations while ensuring the best IT services are available to satisfy requirements. The Sponsor’s main objective is to leverage Sponsor and Sponsor Partner resources and manage customer expectations; working across all levels of management, other branches and services providers to define requirements, develop schedules, and mange project plans. The Sponsor is looking for experienced IT project management resource to provide project management support to ensuring IT solutions are delivered and implemented on time and within budget. The Sponsor requires a highly technical IT Program Manager that will perform all aspects of project management including project initiation, creation of project plan and schedule, conduct Technical Exchange Meetings (TEM), documentation, and interact with stakeholders. The individual in this role will perform overall management of the specific IT projects and ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. They will work with all levels of management, Sponsor’s divisions and branches, facilities, and service providers to define, accurately capture requirements, develop schedules and plans to include risk management plan, develop security related documentation, and manage project from project initiation to completion. The IT Program manager will lead, monitor, and track IT projects using Sponsor’s tools including but not limited to Confluence, Primavera (P6), and JIRA. The individual will create quad charts and presentations, capture meeting minutes, conduct control gates, brief project status, and keep senior management apprised of project status.
|1. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience in gathering and developing business requirements, and visualizing content that would provide an enhanced understanding of the information. |
2. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience in SharePoint and Microsoft Azure.
3. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience utilizing Agile methodologies to improve management of requirements and delivery of functions.
4. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience in project management providing primary point of contact support leading large, complex, high priority, and high visibility IT projects while ensuring project scope and requirements are aligned and communicated across all levels of management.
5. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience managing multiple high priority projects with competing priorities.
6. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience managing the full project lifecycle for software and network projects using Project Management Principles (PMP), to include managing day-to-day activities, identifying dependencies and blockers, developing project timelines, presentations, deliverables, PMPs, and risk management plans.
7. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience identifying allocated resources, and identifying over and under resources allocations.
8. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience with teamwork ability and excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience briefing project schedule, status, quad charts, and deliverables at project control gates, corporate boards, and to senior leadership.
10. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience de-conflicting project resources and other dependencies and elevating when appropriate.
11. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience in balancing project schedules and collaborating within project team and across organization on critical tasks.
12. (Desired) Demonstrated experience working in the Sponsor’s unsecured virtual workspace.
13. (Desired) Demonstrated experience working in Sponsor community supporting Sponsor’s mission requirements.
14. (Desired) Demonstrated experience with leading rapid development IT projects to include but not limited to software development, network, and development of applications in cloud environment utilizing Project Management Framework (PMF).
15. (Desired) Demonstrated experience with leadership skills and support team members to achieve success.