Title: Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense is the Employer of Choice within the Intelligence, Defense, and Space communities of the U.S. Government. Realizing early on that our most prized assets are our employees, we continually focus our attention on improving the overall work/life experience they have supporting the mission. Our Team is pushed every day to use their industry leading knowledge to provide end-to-end solutions to combat our nation’s toughest and most secure problems. If you are looking for a place to not only be professionally challenged, but encouraged and supported by a company that cares, don’t look any further than Cornerstone Defense.
Introduction: The Sponsors Office is accountable for clearance processing of all individuals with access to Sponsor data and facilities. The office is charged with fulfilling requirements in the most timely and efficient manner possible. The Sponsors office has requirements to communicate with various partners and Industrial and Independent Contractors using unsecure means. The Sponsor seeks to gain efficiencies in communication and workflow processes by optimizing communication using cross domain network solutions (i.e., unsecure to secure network connections) in conjunction with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software. The Sponsor needs specialized support in IT Program Management, Software Engineering, Test Engineering, and Systems Engineering.
Work Requirement: The Contractor Team shall provide expertise and guidance in the procurement of cross domain solutions and maintain such solutions and systems for the Sponsor. The Contractor Team shall conduct research into all aspects of existing and future aspects of cross domain solutions the Sponsor currently or could potentially leverage such as AWS ProServe. The Contractor Team shall recommend and perform implementation and integration strategies for cross domain solutions into existing Sponsor business practices and systems. The Contractor Team shall conduct O&M on Sponsor cross domain platforms. The Contractor Team shall provide guidance to the Sponsor regarding past, current, and future business practices. The Contractor Team shall develop and maintain cross domain system documentation. The Contractor Team shall attend regular meetings to understand and suggest requirements and workflow enhancements. The Contractor Team shall document meeting discussions. The Contractor Team shall build rapport with stakeholders and influence outcome of decisions on behalf of the Sponsor. The Contractor Team shall contribute to data collection and analysis discussions and realign priorities and collection strategies during evolving mission priorities. The Contractor Team shall provide expertise to implement and integrate the Sponsors OCR software. The Contractor Team shall engineer solutions with OCR and data capture technology such as IBM Datacap Taskmaster Capture, version 22.0.1. The Contractor Team shall enable the Sponsors OCR efforts to ingest multiple form types such as .pdf. The Contractor Team shall map their data fields to other forms of varying types, such as JSON. The Contractor Team shall store and send all files to appropriate storage or destruction/deletion locations as necessary. The Contractor Team shall conduct full system development lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. The Contractor Team shall code, test and deploy a cross domain scheduling solution. The Contractor Team shall enable the Sponsors scheduling of tests between secure systems and unsecure systems. The Contractor Team shall provide written reports, spreadsheets, briefings and briefing material, technical solutions presentations, technical papers, analysis by specified timelines as directed by the Sponsor on a case-by-case basis, within the contract period. The Contractor Team shall document and gather requirements and track/document progress accordingly.
1. Demonstrated experience understanding various security systems, including as but not limited to: ARES (Oracle), INSPIRE, PSARS, COGNOS.
2. Demonstrated experience in AWS ProServe, IaC (Infrastructur-as-code), and AWS cloud services.
3. Demonstrated experience with software engineering, DevOps, Cross domain transfer, and O&M.
4. Demonstrated experience with OCR, including data extraction and restructuring into other formats, particularly with IBM Datacap Taskmaster Capture, version 22.0.1.
5. Demonstrated experience in the field of AGILE software.
6. Demonstrated experience supporting the development of metrics and visualization tools.
7. Demonstrated experience eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
8. Demonstrated experience integrating information from multiple sources.
9. Demonstrated experience with JIRA and Confluence.
10. Demonstrated experience documenting and gathering requirements, and tracking their progress accordingly.
11. Demonstrated experience with SharePoint and document control management.
12. Demonstrated experience analyzing and designing business processes.
13. Demonstrated experience implementing management reporting workflows.
14. Demonstrated experience exhibiting oral and written communication skills
15. Demonstrated experience working independently and interacting regularly with government and non-government stakeholders.
1. Demonstrated experience having a basic understanding of the Sponsors overall community security processes and industry best practices.
2. Demonstrated experience obtaining full understanding of the personnel security process with expectations of reviewing and analyzing current trends for improvement of security processing systems.