Title: Software Developer
Location: Chantilly, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense is the Employer of Choice within the Intelligence, Defense, and Space communities of the U.S. Government. Realizing early on that our most prized assets are our employees, we continually focus our attention on improving the overall work/life experience they have supporting the mission. Our Team is pushed every day to use their industry leading knowledge to provide end-to-end solutions to combat our nation’s toughest and most secure problems. If you are looking for a place to not only be professionally challenged, but encouraged and supported by a company that cares, don’t look any further than Cornerstone Defense.
Introduction: The Sponsor requires an integrated web development team that will design, develop, and produce media elements and interactions that support clear communication and learner interaction and assessment related to adult learning solutions. Learning solutions may include but are not limited to: graphics, websites, web-tools, online courses, Web-Based Trainings (WBTs), and other artifacts to support online, blended, and face-to-face training. Development efforts will facilitate the Sponsor’s mission to support training.
Work Requirements: The Contractor Team is responsible for developing new courses and learning solutions in a variety of delivery modalities: making major revisions to existing courses; establishing standards for the design, development, and evaluation of courses; providing guidance material; and coaching new instructors in course delivery and instructional techniques. The Contractor Team shall work in a team-oriented environment and consult with Sponsor Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to handle a variety of activites related to curriculum design, development, and training delivery to include but not limited to: needs assessment, instructional-related research and analysis, course and lesson creation, design, development, delivery, assessing and soliciting feedback and programmatic evaluation.
The Contractor Team shall work closely with Sponsor management, instructional design teams, and SME instructors to determine technical requirements for learning solutions. The Contractor Team shall research, design, develop, document, and implement media products and artifacts in support of training courses for the Sponsor. The Contractor Team shall create training materials such as WBTs, online training courses, online training portals, websites, graphics and visuals for print and online consumption, and video projects: The Contractor Team shall maintain WBTs, online training courses, online training portals, websites, graphics and visuals for print and online consumption, and video projects. The Contractor Team shall provide support for WBTs, online training courses, online training portals, websites, graphics and visuals for print and online consumption, and video projects. The Contractor Team shall support in-class learning technologies such as audience response system. The Contractor Team shall support general photography needs. The Contractor Team shall document processes and resources for contunuity of operations: The Contractor Team shall maintain code and processess. The Contractor Team shall use knowledge management repositories. The Contractor Team shall use project tracking systems and processes. The Contractor Team shall ensure all activities and products are consistent with the Sponsor’s requirements. The Contractor Team shall comply with all relevant legal restrictions such as accessibility (Section 508), privacy and copyright.
The Contractor shall ensure, for the duration of the contract, that contractor personnel assigned to work under this contract maintain institutional knowledge and competency level necessary for all required skills, to inlcude the demonstrated on-the-job experience.
1. Demonstrated experience working in a training environment.
2. Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Demonstrated experience using Joomla site design and site administration.
4. Demonstrated experience developing WBTs, online training courses, websites, or other e-learning solutions.
5. Demonstrated experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop as wel as Dreamweaver, After Effects, or other similar software products.
6. Demonstrated experience with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
8. Demonstrated experience with HTML5.
9. Demonstrated experience solving complex application development problems.
10. Demonstrated experience providing advice and recommendations on product design.
11. Demonstrated experience incorporating considerations into media design plans such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
12. Demonstrated experience designing, building, and maintaining websites.
13. Demonstrated experience with graphic design including animation and 3D animation.
14. Demonstrated experience creating print products such as posters, books, and presentation materials.
15. Demonstrated experience using the following authoring and scripting languages: Joomla, CSS, and HTML.
16. Demonstrated experience using content creation and management tools for web design, web development, programming, graphic design, animation, videography, photography and audio recording, editing and distribution.
17. Demonstrated experience using JIRA or other IT ticket or work tracking system.
1. Demonstrated experience with web-based collaboration and document management platforms; task management tools that provide browser-based access for team document libraries, calendars, task lists, alert, and schedules such as SharePoint or other similar software products.
2. Demonstrated experience with Sponsor cloud technology networks and systems.
3. Demonstrated experience creating motion graphic products.
4. Demonstrated experience working with specialists to build training products.
5. Demonstrated experience with general photography.
6. Demonstrated experience with video production or experience in a video production support role.
7. Degree(s): Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Graphic Design, Multimedia Development, Online Learning, or other related field from an accredited institution.
8. Certification(s): UX/UI Ability Certification from an accredited institution.