Title: Sustainment Software Engineer Skill Level 2
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense is the Employer of Choice within the Intelligence, Defense, and Space communities of the U.S. Government. Realizing early on that our most prized assets are our employees, we continually focus our attention on improving the overall work/life experience they have supporting the mission. Our Team is pushed every day to use their industry leading knowledge to provide end-to-end solutions to combat our nation’s toughest and most secure problems. If you are looking for a place to not only be professionally challenged, but encouraged and supported by a company that cares, don’t look any further than Cornerstone Defense.
|• Work with the Defense Civilian Payroll System (DCPS) software developed by the Defense Finance Accounting Service.
• Collaborate within an integrated team encompassing strategic, program, engineering, financial, and acquisition management to deliver and operate complex defense systems.
• Utilize IBM Mainframe development tools for software development processes, including requirements analysis, software design, implementation, testing, integration, deployment/installation, and maintenance.
• Use IDMS, SQL, COBOL, DB2, REXX, and FOCUS to enhance and optimize the performance of defense systems.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Tools for various project-related tasks and documentation.
• Collaborate with team members to contribute to the overall software development life cycle and meet project objectives.
• Contribute to the improvement and refinement of software development processes and methodologies.
• Stay current with industry best practices and technological advancements relevant to defense system software development.
• Provide support for troubleshooting, issue resolution, and system maintenance as needed.
• Leverage programming skills to address challenges and enhance the functionality of defense systems.
• Participate in cross-functional discussions and meetings to align software development efforts with project goals.
Key Technologies used across the team