Title: Systems Engineer
Location: McLean, VA
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense is the Employer of Choice within the Intelligence, Defense, and Space communities of the U.S. Government. Realizing early on that our most prized assets are our employees, we continually focus our attention on improving the overall work/life experience they have supporting the mission. Our Team is pushed every day to use their industry leading knowledge to provide end-to-end solutions to combat our nation’s toughest and most secure problems. If you are looking for a place to not only be professionally challenged, but encouraged and supported by a company that cares, don’t look any further than Cornerstone Defense.
As DevOps Engineer, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on the DevOps Engineer joining our team to support the deployment of systems and capabilities centered on our comprehensive motion imagery software suite. The DevOps Engineer will support operations of a non-internet accessible on-prem hybrid environment built primarily on Kubernetes.
HOW A DEVOPS ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
• The candidate will be expected to provide an array of skills within DevOps discipline.
• Requires engineering expertise within a multi-faceted team, where the individual is willing to provide a myriad of taskings to support the mission and be willing to learn new technology and methodologies as the program evolves.
• Strong development and/or scripting skills (e.g., Bash, Python, Java, C#, etc)
• Linux OS experience
• Systems engineering experience
• Source code management tools (Git, Subversion, etc) and artifact repositories (Nexus/Atifactory, container registries, etc)
• Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Rundeck, etc
• Experience with build/packaging tools such as Gradle, Maven Poetry, etc
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Demonstrated experience employing DevSecOps principles, including strict configuration management, configuration-as-code, and continuous delivery
• Demonstrated experience in building, securing, and operating containers in a dynamic environment
• Experience working in a Kubernetes-based environment, including:
o A basic understanding of how Kubernetes works
o Experience using and/or administering Kubernetes clusters
o Experience building and deploying workloads using Helm
• Knowledge of container and Linux host networking
• Experience with Apache Kafka
• Experience with Elastic stack