Title: Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Columbia, Maryland
*Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone’s Intelligence Sector is responsible for the support and the development of products that provide solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation, and dissemination, and research activities. The Intelligence Sector Specialist specializes in Software Development, Cloud Architecture, Systems Engineering, and Network Engineering. Organizations and Agencies in this market include the Military Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Daily tasking will include identifying relevant data sets and working with mission analysts to create analytics within the customer's cloud environment to discover, enhance, capture and counter cyber activity. Currently analytics are developed in Java using MapReduce, python and Pig.
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
Shall have at least four (4) years of general experience in software development/engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
Shall have at least one (1) year of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
Shall have demonstrated work or academic experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as one (1) year of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
Shall have demonstrated work or academic experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Shall have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
The candidate will have at least one (1) year of the desired characteristics:
1. Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
2. Understanding of Cloud Scalability.
3. Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
4. Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, algorithms.
5. Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
6. Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
7. Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
8. Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
9. Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Job ID: 9-002
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornerstone Defense is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for all employees and to upholding diversity in our recruiting and hiring processes. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.